Morgan +8 Forum

Tires

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Tires
jblake9000 Jack B
Johns island, SC, USA   USA
Any suggestions on tires for a 1988 +8 with 205-60-15. Plenty of all weather touring tires in that size, but having trouble finding anything "Morgan appropriate"

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
DuncanCharlton Avatar
DuncanCharlton Duncan Charlton
Elgin, Texas, USA   USA
1931 Morgan 3 Wheeler "Gwenda (Sold)"
1967 Morgan 4/4 "Toly's Car"
1967 Unknown Unknown
1970 Mini Countryman    & more
What type of tyre are you looking for -- high performance summer tires, or something with a little less "edge"? Some claim that a Morgan does not benefit much from super-high performance tires and use something like a Michelin Michelin Primacy Sports or Goodyear F1 GC-D3 (I'm not sure they come in the size you're looking for); I haven't tried either of these tires on a Morgan (I did have the Goodyear F1 GC-D3s on a VW R32 but much preferred the Michelin Super Sports Pilot tires), since my '71 Plus 8 doesn't allow much room for experimentation unless I add wheel spacers. I ended up with some Bridgestone 195/65R15 Potenza RE 960AS Pole Position tires on our 1971 Plus 8 (primarily because they were a modern tire that fit without looking too odd on a car that was designed for 185/80R15 tires) and I have autocrossed on them. They felt controllable, although not anywhere nearly as sticky as the Hoosier race tires (which need to be heated up to have good grip) that I had on my 1952 Plus 4. The Bridgestones were good enough for "fastest Plus 8" at MOG 44. Link to the autocross video:

David P. of Maryland was using these a few years ago: Michelin Primacy MXV4 - 205/65-15 VR 94V

Richard R. in rainy Ireland was happy with these on his daily driver Morgan Plus 8: Michelin 205/65-15 Primacy MXV4 VR

If they were made in the right size for our Plus 8 I'd get the Michelin Pilot Super Sports in a second. They have a good combination of grip, wear, noise, wet traction, dry traction and stability.

Morgan13 Timothy Barlow
Vancouver, WA, USA   USA
I just put a full set of Michelin Pilot Exalto 205/55 ZR 16 97Y that I like. It's a stock tire size and I don't race but I have been known to do spirited driving at times.

2013 M3W
Morgan stage ll motor kit
cats removed

1998 +8
SS sport tuned exhaust

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
jblake9000 Jack B
Johns island, SC, USA   USA
Decent 15" tires are much harder to find than 16".
I would like to keep standard wheels.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1963 Morgan 4 4

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links