MorganExp

Morgan +8 Forum

Plus 8 Cooling

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Morganaddict Ronald Blair
Phoenix, Arizona, USA   USA
I am replacing my radiator with a Ron Davis Racing Aluminum model. Does anyone know the model number of the Spal Fan that will work with this radiator? I want to mount it on the back of the radiator.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
DuncanCharlton Avatar
DuncanCharlton Duncan Charlton
Elgin, Texas, USA   USA
1931 Morgan 3 Wheeler "Gwenda (Sold)"
1967 Morgan 4/4 "Toly's Car"
1967 Unknown Unknown
1970 Mini Countryman    & more
@Morganaddict

Ron -- you'll have to research whether this is a good fit for the Ron Davis radiator, but I have a never-used SPAL VA13 AP/70LL (63 amp, 13" low profile fan) along with the wiring and relay kit plus the PWM (pulse width modulation: this unit that gives the fan two speeds dependent on coolant temperature) that I bought for my 1971 Plus 8 and never installed because the wimpy stock fan cools my car just fine (and I have a spare). The PWM unit runs at slow speed to reduce air pressure behind the radiator while on the highway until the coolant exceeds the desired temperature, after which it kicks in at full power.

The fan costs $150. The wiring kit is $37 and the PWM costs $160, so those would run you nearly $350.

If this is the right one for you I'll sell you all three of mine (never used and still in their original boxes) for $250.

Duncan Charlton
(Texas)

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1985 Morgan Plus 8 8

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links