AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

rms Richard Sharpe
Toronto, Ontario, Canada   CAN
1957 Morgan Plus 4 (+4)
1960 Lotus Elite "LOTUS14"
1974 MG MGB GT
1975 Triumph TR6
I am at the point in my + 4 four seater restoration where the fuel tank needs to be installed, but as I bought the car "in boxes" I don't know the dimensions of the boards that the tank sits on. I believe that there are two pieces of odd-shaped wood joined by straps to allow the removal of the tank from below. Can anybody advise me of the dimensions of these pieces of wood please?
Thanks
Richard

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
DuncanCharlton Avatar
DuncanCharlton Duncan Charlton
Elgin, Texas, USA   USA
1931 Morgan 3 Wheeler "Gwenda (Sold)"
1967 Morgan 4/4 "Toly's Car"
1967 Unknown Unknown
1970 Mini Countryman    & more
I don't know the dimensions (our 1957 4-seater was picked up for transport to its new owner on just four days ago) but be sure to cut the boards so you can rotate them to remove them from below. In other words, don't cut them so they butt up squarely to the vertical section of the chassis frame on either side.

patcyrgalis Avatar
patcyrgalis Pat Cyrgalis
Staten Island, new york, USA   USA
I just replaced mine on a 1965 plus 4 2 seater I think they are all different you should measure from rail to rail deduct a 1/4 of a inch when you have the boards cut there are 2 of them give them a slight angle on the sides I went 5 degrees if you email me at pcyrgalis@gmail.com I made a powerpoint presentation of how I did it I will send it to you

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1984 Morgan Plus 8 8

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links