Morgan sizing

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

sam-i-am Avatar
sam-i-am Sam L
Caledonia, Wisconsin, USA   USA
Hi All,

I'm jumping over here to the Morgan site from the MG Midget forum with a question about the new Morgans that are supposed to go on sale here in the states later this year or early next. The question I have is, will I fit? More specifically I am looking for interior dimensions; seat face to height at the top of the windscreen and face of seat back to the pedal assembly (throttle). I'm 6' 1" and can fit in many cars (owning a 68 Sprite shows that) my concern is how well will I fit.

Thanks in advance for all your time and trouble.

Sam.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
DuncanCharlton Avatar
DuncanCharlton Duncan Charlton
Elgin, Texas, USA   USA
1931 Morgan 3 Wheeler "Gwenda (Sold)"
1967 Morgan 4/4 "Toly's Car"
1967 Unknown Unknown
1970 Mini Countryman    & more
Sam,

It depends to some degree on how long your legs are vs your trunk length. I know plenty of people who are over 6 feet tall who drive Morgans. The new model being imported will not necessarily be the same as the old models I have at my disposal for measuring (bodies are similar but seats are different). I suggest you contact one of the dealers to ask if they have any measurements on the new cars. They might have the particulars already. I think Northshore Sportscars in IL is still a Morgan dealer (Norb Bries: 847-247-0447) and he must be at least your height. Larry Eckler (Morgan Motors of New England, in NY: 518-329-3877) is a couple of inches taller than you.

Duncan
(Texas)

ahaugland Avatar
ahaugland Silver Member Alex Haugland
Eugene, Oregon, USA   USA
I'd expect that you will. I'm 6' and have a pair of classic Morgans (a 1953 flat rad 2-seater and a 1961 4-seater) and although, like my wife's bug-eye Sprite, it takes a bit of effort to get in, once I'm in, they're both pretty driveable. Recently I saw one of the current body style non-US Morgan's and they are visibly wider and more open for the driver than my classics. If you can drive a Sprite, you should be OK.

--Alex Haugland
Eugene, Oregon
USA

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1963 Morgan 4 4

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links