Morgan +4 Forum

New to the group

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Skjerven Stuart Skjerven
San Jose, CA, USA   USA
All -

New to the group. My father had two Roadsters and a DHC. He sold the Roadsters a while back. He passed away last summer and I now have the 63' DHC. I'm familiar with boards like this as I belong to something similar for my 1972 Chamonix BMW 2002.

The DHC is in pretty good shape but I have a lot to learn and I'm not sure about a good shop in the San Jose area. Here are a few shots.

She runs well and the brake system is good. I have already done 1 dump thing. The top had not been up for many years so I decided to try it. It was tough to get it on to the knobs on the top of the windscreen but I managed. What I did not know was that the top was pulling the windscreen back and I might have damaged the door hinges when I shut the driver side door.

The wire wheels need a serious cleaning/polishing and they have a little rust here and there. The tires are good but at some point I will want new ones. I'm very nervous about finding someone that could mount new tires on those rims.

Bottom line, I need to understand the little dos and don't.

Stuart

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
photo 1.JPG    66.4 KB
photo 1.JPG

photo 3.JPG    47.7 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
photo 4.JPG    49.1 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
TCTND Phil T
Santa Cruz, California, USA   USA
A good shop with a lot of Morgan experience is The Engine Room in Santa Cruz. The owner, Greg Solow, is a long time Morgan owner and racer.
regards,
Phil

DuncanCharlton Avatar
DuncanCharlton Duncan Charlton
Elgin, Texas, USA   USA
1931 Morgan 3 Wheeler "Gwenda (Sold)"
1967 Morgan 4/4 "Toly's Car"
1967 Unknown Unknown
1970 Mini Countryman    & more
Stuart, You might also want to join the Google discussion group called "mog-group". Go to groups.google.com and search for it there.

There is plenty of conversation there with sound technical advice. Plenty of Morgans in California, particularly in the Bay area where you are.

Duncan Charlton
Texas

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

2005 Morgan Roadster

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links