MorganExp

Morgan +4 Forum

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

fullbore Mike Coats D
Caseville, MI, USA   USA
Good day everyone.
I have owned a 1965 drop head coupe over 30 years. Its restoration started this fall. I'm glad I found this chat room because I will have lots of questions.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
IMG_0396.JPG    47.8 KB
IMG_0396.JPG

DuncanCharlton Avatar
DuncanCharlton Duncan Charlton
Elgin, Texas, USA   USA
1931 Morgan 3 Wheeler "Gwenda (Sold)"
1967 Morgan 4/4 "Toly's Car"
1967 Unknown Unknown
1970 Mini Countryman    & more
Mike, As for other resources you might also try: gomog.com (click on the Workshop Manual), the Wiki site, https://sites.google.com/site/morganatica/, and the Google discussion group, "MOG-google". Lots of very solid technical information being passed around by friendly people in the Google group. Also have a look at Ron Garner's site, madaboutmorgans.com

fullbore Mike Coats D
Caseville, MI, USA   USA
Good day everyone
Thanks for the info Duncan.
My first question is -- What does the inside if the door openings look like on a drop head coupe? My car is missing the sheet metal / carpeting around the door opening. Could someone post a few pictures of that area?
Bye for now
Mike

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
fullbore Mike Coats D
Caseville, MI, USA   USA
I just want to add a picture of my cars door sills.

Attachments:
IMG_0410.JPG    31.5 KB
IMG_0410.JPG

BuyBritish Rob D
Ipswich, Suffolk, UK   GBR
she looks a beauty tr4 engine as well?

We have a 1958 4 seat plus 4 and she has a tr engine currently under rebuild, should be on the road soon

Attachments:
plus 4.jpg    47.7 KB
plus 4.jpg

pmhowe Philip Howe
Linville, North Carolina, USA   USA
Hi Mike,

Neat car. The drophead coupes are my favorites. For pictures, the best approach is to enter "Morgan drophead coupe image" into your favorite website browser. You'll get lots of pictures; mostly of external views, but some interiors, some engine compartments. If you need a picture of something specific, post a request. I and others will respond.

My current Morgan is a 1966 drophead coupe. My last Morgan was a '63 roadster. My first Morgan was a 1959 drophead coupe. It still had the bladders in the seat cushions. It was fun seeking the exact best comfort zone. It also had the demister that attached to the windscreen with suction cups. A fun car.

Best regards,

Phil

fullbore Mike Coats D
Caseville, MI, USA   USA
Good Day Phil
I could use a picture of the door opening around the latch. Not the door itself but the body opening around the door. Also a picture of the bottom of the door opening. The passenger door opening on my car is just wood and the drivers door opening is 1/2 sheet metal and the rest wood. I believe there should be sheet metal covering this with a trim piece but I don't know for sure. Please note the picture in the previous post, It shows the area in question.
Bye for now
Mike

pmhowe Philip Howe
Linville, North Carolina, USA   USA
Hi Mike,
See if these work. (I should have removed the sheet of paper prior to photographing, but I was trying to sort out a wiring problem.)
Phil

Attachments:
IMGP0652.JPG    26.3 KB
IMGP0652.JPG

IMGP0653.JPG    36.5 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
IMGP0654.JPG    32.5 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
fullbore Mike Coats D
Caseville, MI, USA   USA
Hi Phil
Great pictures. Exactly what I needed. Thank you.
Mike

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1961 Morgan Plus 4 4

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links