MorganExp

Morgan +4 Forum

Plus 4 spares. Brake cable

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Malcmog Malcolm Skirrow
Vienna, Austria, Austria   AUT
The hand brake cable snapped on my '56 plus 4 on the way to its annual road test recently. (In austria where I live).
I tried to locate one in uk from the factory and several well known workshops but without success. This was both surprising and frustrating, for a seemingly simple part.
I eventually found one in the U.S.
This was ordered by phone and dispatched the same day, at a pretty reasonable price. From Morgan Motors on New England. Amazing efficient and helpful service.
The moral: if you cannot find a part locally try looking further afield.
Malcolm.
Ps. I know a cable can be made to measured by some shops, but I wasn't sure of the exact original length of the snapped cable.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
pmhowe Philip Howe
Linville, North Carolina, USA   USA
Glad to hear you were able to get the part. I have had good luck with Morgan Motors of New England as well.

Paw1 Avatar
Paw1 Philip Wilson
Southampton, Hampshire, UK   GBR
Try Melvin Ritter http://www.morgan-motors-cars.com/used-morgans

He is the Morgan spares supplier

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Northernrover Avatar
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada   CAN
I have dealt with Morgan Motors of New England for several years. E-mails enquiries are answered rapidly, parts are usually in stock, shipped out extremely quickly and for very reasonable charges. Like most American suppliers their customer service is top notch.

Cheers.

Attachments:
photo.JPG    95.4 KB
photo.JPG

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1998 Morgan Plus 8 8

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links