MorganExp

Morgan +4 Forum

Plus 4 Dashboard Template

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Broadcaster Bob RA
Glendale, California, USA   USA
Where can I get a blue print or template for a Morgan plus 4 dashboard panel? Circa 1962, or 63, or 64.....up to 67 any of them will do

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
BuyBritish Rob D
Ipswich, Suffolk, UK   GBR
we have a 58 template any good see photos of dash actually made from it

https://flic.kr/p/QwhKEa

Broadcaster Bob RA
I don't need the dash itself .... but I need a template or a blue print

The one you are showing is good

How would I get it and how much would it cost ...A paper template will suffice or cardboard

Thanks in advance

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
BuyBritish Rob D
Ipswich, Suffolk, UK   GBR
I can email a copy or post a copy to your address just postage cost if thats ok

Broadcaster Bob RA
All nice people I know including you and me :-) are called Robert :-)

It does not have to be the actual size as long as it is a Technical drawings with dimensions that would be excellent. My Email is rma1652@yahoo.com
If you ever came to Los Angeles I will treat you and co. to an excellent meal

There are some very nice guys on this site. When I finish my project you should see the result.
Thank you
Best
Bob
PS a Japanese lady was having difficulty saying my name and she continuously referred to me as Lobutt (Robert) so I said to her just say Bob reads the same both ways and if you forget then look at the mouth of a fish in the water . Every fish says Bob all day long :-)

marsha1ben Ben G
Parker, USA   USA
I can make you one and send it to you, but mine is from a 54 and I am sure the design has changed.

Broadcaster Bob RA
At this point only the contour matters I have to drill holes as I am designing my own dashboard. As long as it is plus 4 it would be OK
I also don't wish you to go into trouble........ a photo of the contour (perimeter) with dimensions will suffice for now. I need to make a temporary one for placing the gauges

I will be cutting on a cheap wood ...arrange and rearrange gauges until I get the effect. Alternatively an accurate hand sketch (not to scale with dimensions would be ok) Left Hand drive or right hand drive does not matter as I only need the contour . There is none in the existing car to use as template. Your help would the the starting point basis of the final job which I am sure with slight mods or additions will get there, I have so many pieces of ply wood for experiment. I also gave my email address rma1652@yahoo.com

Thank you for your kind help.

marsha1ben Ben G
Parker, USA   USA
Bob,

If you will send me your address to marshalben1@yahoo.com I will send you a copy of my dash. I traced it onto butcher paper. It has the cut out for the glove box and the instrument panel. My car did not come with a tac so there isn't a hole for that.

I have attached a photo of the original dash next to the one that I made. It is out of African mahogany. I milled it down to 7/16" same as the original. I applied a coat of a sanding sealer, then 10 coats of an external marine grade gloss finish. Lightly used steel wool between coats.

I would love to show you what it looks like on the car, but the car is being painted and I hope to have it back sometime in September.

Ben

Attachments:
3 May 17.JPG    30.8 KB
3 May 17.JPG

Broadcaster Bob RA
looking superb

Broadcaster Bob RA
Ben
Thank you very much for the kind effort and the template. As soon as I am in a position to display my design ( a totally different dash to anything Morgan I will post a picture

13 gauges besides the RPM and Speedo, 10 switches 13 warning lights and last but not least a lit up silk screened perspex which at night glows with inscriptions ...not to mention a pair of Hanhart Chronometers with Morgan insignia plus a cast aluminum morgan wings which have been black anodized :-) ( My other half calls it the mad professor at work )

Broadcaster Bob RA
I have the first mock up on a piece of plywood
I am not drilling as it is easier to draw lines on a piece of parching paper
First picture is the mock up and the other is my homemade chronometers using Hanhart stopwatches
Doesn't matter if you think I am crazy
The square section on the bottom of the switches is a cut out for a feature that would take too long to explain
I will show that when done

Attachments:
IMG_5999.jpg    56.1 KB
IMG_5999.jpg

IMG_5996.jpg    40.1 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

2010 Morgan 4 4

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links