MorganExp

Morgan +4 Forum

+4 Flat Rad Cycle Fenders?

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

wsb1960tr3a Bill Brewer
Tehachapi, California, USA   USA
I am currently rebuilding a very sweet and stock original +4 flat rad. After this, I have another +4 flat rad that is pretty rough and has already had the bonnet modified for dual SU's. I am considering doing that one to be a "bad boy" Morgan with a TR3 engine, 5-speed conversion and cycle-type front fenders. On the internet I see photos of Mogs with cycle fenders. Is there a source for them?
The attached photo is from the net and not my car, just using it as an example...
Thanks,

-Bill Brewer
Tehachapi, CA

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
Cycle Fender 1953_Morgan_+4_Competition.JPG    57.2 KB
Cycle Fender 1953_Morgan_+4_Competition.JPG

BuyBritish Rob D
Ipswich, Suffolk, UK   GBR
Hi Bill

The TR3 engine will give lots of power over 100bhp compared to the 45ish that she currently has!!!!

Nice project

the cycle wings are the prudance fawcett style mog as won its class at le mans in the 30's

Le sebba here in Essex UK has the car!

here we are at the morgan silverstone 80th birthday celebrations last year alongside said car

here we are in SPC891

jhttps://flic.kr/p/KDruMj

DuncanCharlton Avatar
DuncanCharlton Duncan Charlton
Elgin, Texas, USA   USA
1931 Morgan 3 Wheeler "Gwenda (Sold)"
1967 Morgan 4/4 "Toly's Car"
1967 Unknown Unknown
1970 Mini Countryman    & more
Bill -- if you know Dick Tuttle of Santa Clara, check with him. He made fiberglass molds off the fenders for Dennis Glavis' "Skimpy" and produced a few sets some years back. He may still have the molds. I had a set of these on a 1957 Plus 4 four-seater that formerly belonged to him and was backdated to a flat-rad front end by his son Toby. It also had a TR4 engine, electronic ignition, electric fan, high-torque starter, Greg Solow headers, etc.

If you don't have Dick's contact info, get back with me and I'll put you in touch.

Duncan Charlton
Texas

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-24 06:54 AM by DuncanCharlton.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
IMG_5051.JPG    35.2 KB
IMG_5051.JPG

wsb1960tr3a Bill Brewer
Tehachapi, California, USA   USA
Thanks Duncan - If you could send me his contact info, that would be nice. It may be years before I get around to this. You can email it to me or post it on the morganexperience. My email is billbrewer59@yahoo.com.

-Bill

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1961 Morgan Plus 4 4

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links