Morgan 1956 +4 two-seater gas line

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Walden MG-Morgan Avatar
Walden MG-Morgan Barrie Walden
Falmouth, MA, USA   USA
Hi,

How does the gas line go from the gas tank forward? (See my pictures)

Barrie

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
Gas line 1.JPG    56.4 KB
Gas line 1.JPG

Gas line 1a.JPG    39.3 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
Gas line 2.JPG    56.3 KB
Gas line 3.JPG    51.2 KB
Button Bill B
Seattle, Washington, USA   USA
Gas line goes over the top of the arch along the threshold thru a hole in the scuttle to the fuel pump. I would use copper pipe 1/4" or source a fuel line from Morgan Spares.

Button

Paw1 Avatar
Paw1 Philip Wilson
Southampton, Hampshire, UK   GBR
yes I agree, it does that on my '57 +4

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
redmorganplus4 Avatar
redmorganplus4 Arthur Beatty
Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada   CAN
Here is how I did it. Used a new continuous chemical resistant flex fuel line from tank to fuel pump. Supported it over rear axle from body frame, and along by the door and firewall. Padding and sill vinyl cover protect it and keep it out of sight. Went through firewall at height of fuel pump inlet.

Attachments:
IMG_0758.JPG    38 KB
IMG_0758.JPG

Walden MG-Morgan Avatar
Falmouth, MA, USA   USA
My car’s gas tank is at the top. I believe the gas line comes out of the top left side and runs along the wheel arch. If this is right, there must be a way to hide the gas line in the top of the arch. I don’t know how it’s supposed to be. Eventually the gas line runs through a brace and down to the floor. I have no idea how it goes from there. (Photo)

Barrie

Attachments:
IMG_1250 1.JPG    72.1 KB
IMG_1250 1.JPG

Walden MG-Morgan Avatar
Falmouth, MA, USA   USA
Arthur,

Photo

Barrie

Attachments:
IMG_1251 Arthur.JPG    40.3 KB
IMG_1251 Arthur.JPG

Button Bill B
You have it right. On the arch cover it with upholstery. On the sill do the same. at the forward end of the sill route the gas line close to the side of the bulkhead and thru a hole in front of the bulkhead. I would use stainless 1/4" pipe. Kit available from Morgan Spares. I would not use plastic or rubber. Gas now has Ethanol in it. Jury still out on these materials.

Button

redmorganplus4 Avatar
redmorganplus4 Arthur Beatty
Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada   CAN
Newest flex lines are ethanol proof. I came out of tank and drilled a hole in the front tank board ( so it is behind the storage bin trim) and then over the axle, through the angled board and then up the sill. Because it is a flex line the O.D. Makes it awkward to run down the arch as per your red route.

Button Bill B
Not to be argumentative but aside from Ethanol the OD is smaller and easy to run with no interference with axles and the like. Actually I used Gates fuel line (5/16"winking smiley on the passenger side (US) similar as your installation as I was using Weber 40mm DCOE carbs and felt I needed a bigger fuel supply. Also carbs on the right side of My DHC. I must replace the Gates fuel line with something that does not deteriorate with ethanol and will look at Your product. But because of the OD suspect I will use a metal fuel line.

BTW: I have had problems with Ethanol on Gates fuel lines. Expensive when not in Your own home but on the road.

Button

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1932 Morgan 3 Wheeler

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links