MorganExp

Morgan 3 Wheel Forum

Oil leak?

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

swilly Willliam Maisey
Williamsburg, Virginia, USA   USA
My recently purchased, previous owned 2014 3 wheeler leaks oil from the large hole in the tranny bell housing underside. Leak is NOT massive; perhaps 1/2 ounce per day. Is this usual? Is there a good stop leak solution?

Related question. What is the correct level of oil in the tank?

Thanks

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Morgan13 Timothy Barlow
Vancouver, WA, USA   USA
I have a 2013 M3W with 15,000 miles on it and it doesn't leak. I did have oil around the dell housing early on only because I was not tightening the oil cap all the way down and it blowing out the cap when driving, then dribbling down on top of the bell housing. As far as the oil level the dipstick is clearly marked I always check it when it is hot three to ten minutes after I shut off the motor. I keep the oil ¾ the way between the marks.

2013 M3W
Morgan stage ll motor kit
cats removed

1998 +8
SS sport tuned exhaust

DuncanCharlton Avatar
DuncanCharlton Duncan Charlton
Elgin, Texas, USA   USA
1931 Morgan 3 Wheeler "Gwenda (Sold)"
1967 Morgan 4/4 "Toly's Car"
1967 Unknown Unknown
1970 Mini Countryman    & more
The dealer in NY said "don't top off the oil tank when cold" because when the oil expands as it warms it will overflow and make a mess.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Morgan13 Timothy Barlow
Vancouver, WA, USA   USA
In reply to # 11790 by DuncanCharlton The dealer in NY said "don't top off the oil tank when cold" because when the oil expands as it warms it will overflow and make a mess.

As I said before "I always check it when it is hot three to ten minutes after I shut off the motor."

2013 M3W
Morgan stage ll motor kit
cats removed

1998 +8
SS sport tuned exhaust

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1952 Morgan Plus 4 4

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links