MorganExp

Morgan 3 Wheel Forum

1939 MTW F-series For Sale in Ventura, CA $16,650

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

wsb1960tr3a Bill Brewer
Tehachapi, California, USA   USA
I was looking at Mogs for sale and I ran across this ad in the Los Angeles Craigslist. I hope that it is real. I already have too many LBC projects. If someone buys this, please let me know.

https://ventura.craigslist.org/cto/d/1939-morgan-other-morgan/6238984419.html

Bill Brewer

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
DuncanCharlton Avatar
DuncanCharlton Duncan Charlton
Elgin, Texas, USA   USA
1931 Morgan 3 Wheeler "Gwenda (Sold)"
1967 Morgan 4/4 "Toly's Car"
1967 Unknown Unknown
1970 Mini Countryman    & more
Hi Bill,

Wow -- Gullwing Motors was trying to get $44,500 for it three years ago (the CL ad uses one of Gullwing's photos and I've attached a few of GW's other photos). Here's what I know about it: The registration (UK license) number is consistent with May 1939. It has a 1938 grille and windscreen frame (the chassis number would inform as to whether it is a 1938 model that wasn't registered until 1939), non-original dash, body framing wood looks like it has been replaced and the bonnet has no louvers.

I know of an F4 racer for sale (body is in bare aluminum rather than painted steel) if you are interested.

You might want to watch the Mecum auction in Monterey a week from today, where a very nice restored 1938 F4 will be auctioned (http://tinyurl.com/y7g2pymm). Morgan West is selling a very fine F2 from Canada (http://tinyurl.com/y9ml4huo).

Running F-types have been selling from mid-teens to high 20's and there might have been a few restored ones that sold for over $30K.

Attachments:
3 FXF0.JPG    50 KB
3 FXF0.JPG

7 FXF0.JPG    46.6 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
8 FXF0.JPG    47.6 KB
photo.jpg    40.6 KB
wsb1960tr3a Bill Brewer
Tehachapi, California, USA   USA
I guess that it is real then. Seems too good to be true.
This guy has quite the collection. It looks like he is standing on the hood (bonnet) of a Berkeley. In the background I see an Earles Fork BMW motorcycle, probably an R60/2. And then there is the Star Trek posters.

-Bill Brewer

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
mhmalone Morgan Malone
Swansea, MA, USA   USA
The yellow F2 at Morgan West is a fantastic car. It was beside my DHC for a few years.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1951 Morgan Plus 4 4

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links