NOS Smiths gauges. LOTS of them. [California, USA]

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

tcherek Avatar
tcherek Tcherek Kamstra
Bodega, CA, USA   USA
1968 Morgan Plus 8 (+8) "Dolly, OUY"
Hi, I have 8 unused Smiths speedos, with an impressively breathtaking top speed of 80mph! Also have still in their box VDO gauges for Plus 8s, $50 each or pick any 2 for $80. Also have dozens of other used gauges, sorted. Also have interior leather remnant rolls in various colors, headrests (both one prong and 2 prong type. Also have tops, some used some NOS, Plus 8 mostly. Matching complete seats in tan. Lots of stuff! Side curtains, old type. Plus 8 hub things, basic bare bones luggage racks, (not stainless) plus bumpers for Plus 8s, from cheap and scratched to pristine condition (under the dust.) Bonnets, one in green and a unique red with double scoops. Rover engines, 3.5 and 4.0 with relatively low mileage. TR3 engine $3500, Plus 4 bell housing. Brackets and more brackets. Plus 4 owners manuals $25 each or free with purchase of any part. Carpeting, sorted colors. Leather Plus 8 dashboards, $20 each.

Also have original records for USA cars sold through us, for every year from 1968-1998 (save for one year.) Can digitize for owner, minus personal details of original owner. Some files include original polaroids of car on arrival and some even have spare ignition keys taped to folder, which can be included with digital copy of file (i just charge for my time in scanning, rate depends on file contents.) Just need your chassis number to check availability.

Isis Imports valve covers with Plus 4 wings, 10 made, have 2 available - on sale due to negative name ties, sadly.

Haven't gone through electrical items yet - if you need anything in a little green Lucas box, I can check stock with part number provided. Lawrence tune valve cover, make an attractive offer. Plus 8 door skins, 2. Unused Green Rivenhood top, incl. matching widescreen bits (minus sliding window bits) for 1995 Plus 8, still in box. Brochures, where do I even start? Boxes and boxes dating from 1980-present.

Windshield uprights $100 per pair,unused; those plastic side thingies too still in plastic; wiper blades and accessories, Lumax spot lamps unused in box, $100 per pair. Lucas headlights, badge bar NOS, luggage straps brown, NOS. Engine-y bits too! Learning as I go here, folks! No flatrad stuff found yet, FYI. One unused 22" grille for 1950s models just after flat rad, rare and original. Black 4 seater top with Q lites, unfitted, fasteners included. Wiring harnesses.....you get the gist! E-mail inquiries to tcherek@sonic.net or send private message to me. Most of this is NOS or just plain rare. PLEASE know what price you are hoping for in advance, as I tend to be more agreeable to an offer when I don't have to do research on some archaic unobtainable item myself. Thank you! Guess my subject heading went a bit off tangent.....

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
speedos.jpg    56.8 KB
speedos.jpg

Broadcaster Avatar
Broadcaster Silver Member Bob RA
Glendale, CA, USA   USA
How much for a valve cover Can you post a picture?I seem to have seen one many years ago I am wondering if it is the same and would fit Triumph engines?

tcherek Avatar
tcherek Tcherek Kamstra
Bodega, CA, USA   USA
Which valve cover did you want to see? The Isis +4 or the CL tune?

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Broadcaster Avatar
Glendale, CA, USA   USA
In reply to # 13925 by tcherek Which valve cover did you want to see? The Isis +4 or the CL tune?

ISIS 4 Triumph the other is out of my price range :-)

tcherek Avatar
tcherek Tcherek Kamstra
Bodega, CA, USA   USA
Here's a pic of one I just shipped to a Morgan owner in Europe. I happily accepted $500 for it, and so perhaps not a bargain but certainly a part of USA Morgan history. I believe only 10 were made in total. I thought this was the last however Bill found one more down at Pier 33 after I had asked him to look for some requested parts, which is available.

Attachments:
isis-valve-cover.jpg    29.1 KB
isis-valve-cover.jpg

Broadcaster Avatar
Glendale, CA, USA   USA
In reply to # 13932 by tcherek Here's a pic of one I just shipped to a Morgan owner in Europe. I happily accepted $500 for it, and so perhaps not a bargain but certainly a part of USA Morgan history. I believe only 10 were made in total. I thought this was the last however Bill found one more down at Pier 33 after I had asked him to look for some requested parts, which is available.
With all due respect I will pass on that thanks

tcherek Avatar
tcherek Tcherek Kamstra
Bodega, CA, USA   USA
Yes, well, as I stated the negative name ties are very unfortunate, Bill having named the business some 50 years ago. For this reason when I designed our 50th Anniversary car badge, I used an image of the goddess Isis instead, to reference the name without offending anybody's sensibilities. Incidentally the crew team he rowed on while at Oxford has kept the name Isis...then again they are not a business, and so public perception is not as important. It is mind-blowing how many people ask why we named our firm after terrorists. This makes it evident that they have no knowledge of the history of Morgans in the USA, and even less common sense to think anybody would do such a thing. It's almost as tedious as explaining my name :-)

P.S. Ironically, the valve cover has just this minute been sold.

Attachments:
isis-badge.jpg    49.4 KB
isis-badge.jpg

GoMoG Avatar
GoMoG Lorne G
Cuenca, Azuay, Ecuador   ECU
In reply to # 13937 by tcherek Yes, well, as I stated the negative name ties are very unfortunate, Bill having named the business some 50 years ago. For this reason when I designed our 50th Anniversary car badge, I used an image of the goddess Isis instead, to reference the name without offending anybody's sensibilities. Incidentally the crew team he rowed on while at Oxford has kept the name Isis...then again they are not a business, and so public perception is not as important. It is mind-blowing how many people ask why we named our firm after terrorists. This makes it evident that they have no knowledge of the history of Morgans in the USA, and even less common sense to think anybody would do such a thing. It's almost as tedious as explaining my name :-)

P.S. Ironically, the valve cover has just this minute been sold.

Wow. The badge looks like the old eMog badge that became so popular in 2000. If I had known of the resemblance to the ISIS badge I would have come up with something else. Convey my too late apologies to Bill.

gmg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-10 05:56 AM by GoMoG.

Attachments:
emog copy.jpg    46.8 KB
emog copy.jpg

GoMoG Avatar
GoMoG Lorne G
In reply to # 13918 by tcherek Hi, I have 8 unused Smiths speedos,

Do you have in a spreadsheet?

L

tcherek Avatar
tcherek Tcherek Kamstra
Bodega, CA, USA   USA
Lorne, the emog badge was a source of inspiration for my badge, as you surely can see! Actually, my badge was going to be the type that attaches to the grille itself, and when that proved to be a trickier prospect, I decided to keep the grille behind the Isis image as per my original drawings. (see my mock-up in attached pic) There have actually been several badges over the years using the grille motif. None so lovely as the Emog badge however, including mine! I receive inquiries about the Emog badge all the time, from persons who never joined the forum, but just saw the badge at an event and loved it. Since it has long been unavailable, I hope I am not trespassing upon your creative ownership with my own badge - its was the first I produced on my very own (its the 30th badge I have designed so far, most having been commissioned for various Morgan clubs and events, once I started badge artwork back in 2015.) It was made here in the USA, and only 25 were made. All my other designs were made in the UK.

(I still have the badge the box you all signed and gifted to me back then....it suddenly dawns on me that perhaps I should return the favor and send you an Isis 50th badge? Let me know Lorne, if you've any interest. I'd be happy for you to have one.) The Isis goddess image was based on a necklace Bill gave my mom when they were first dating, which I found among the Morgan treasure trove.

Attachments:
goddess-on-grille.jpg    117.9 KB
goddess-on-grille.jpg

2018-decbadge-collage.jpg    38.7 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
tjw tim w
NorCal, USA   USA
Greetings... Kid, I have one of the Isis valve covers bought on eBay several years ago. I've not installed it as I can't figure out what filler cap was used. It's kind of a big hole. Does Bill remember what he used or if you haven't shipped yet, might you send pictures of what is on that one. I think it would look lovely on my 61 +4.

Tim(D.Y.M.)

GoMoG Avatar
GoMoG Lorne G
In reply to # 13947 by tcherek Lorne, the emog badge was a source of inspiration for my badge, as you surely can see!

In that case, you have always been pre-forgiven!! smileys with beer

Quote: Actually, my badge was going to be the type that attaches to the grille itself, and when that proved to be a trickier prospect, I decided to keep the grille behind the Isis image as per my original drawings. (see my mock-up in attached pic) There have actually been several badges over the years using the grille motif. None so lovely as the Emog badge however, including mine! I receive inquiries about the Emog badge all the time, from persons who never joined the forum, but just saw the badge at an event and loved it. Since it has long been unavailable, I hope I am not trespassing upon your creative ownership with my own badge - its was the first I produced on my very own (its the 30th badge I have designed so far, most having been commissioned for various Morgan clubs and events, once I started badge artwork back in 2015.) It was made here in the USA, and only 25 were made. All my other designs were made in the UK. (I still have the badge the box you all signed and gifted to me back then....it suddenly dawns on me that perhaps I should return the favor and send you an Isis 50th badge? Let me know Lorne, if you've any interest. I'd be happy for you to have one.) The Isis goddess image was based on a necklace Bill gave my mom when they were first dating, which I found among the Morgan treasure trove.

Hilariously enough, dear Tcherek, considering my one-shot reputation, I am not a fan of badges. They block air flow.

The emoggers wanted a badge, so I designed one to look like a hood ornament//something I DO like. Badge experts told me I could expect a sale of 50 at most. So I ordered 50. I ended up selling 760, only stopping when the casting mold gave out. To that you can add 900 pins, 75 cufflinks, tie clips and signet rings. (the latter made out of pins by fans). All of it at cost!! My family used to sit around the table licking labels for two years. (sigh) Those were good days. The eMog badge, with its curvature, made it very easy to affix on a grille badge or a badge bar

I will treasure anything you send assuming if the spirit so moves you..but if so, it will rest in one of the Morgan memento cabinets in my study. I love the goddess. Well done!

Lorne

tcherek Avatar
tcherek Tcherek Kamstra
Bodega, CA, USA   USA
In reply to # 13950 by tjw Greetings... Kid, I have one of the Isis valve covers bought on eBay several years ago. I've not installed it as I can't figure out what filler cap was used. It's kind of a big hole. Does Bill remember what he used or if you haven't shipped yet, might you send pictures of what is on that one. I think it would look lovely on my 61 +4.

Tim(D.Y.M.)

Hi Tim, I can certainly ask.

38 DHC Mark Braunstein
Vicinity of Orlando, FL, USA   USA
1934 Morgan 3 Wheeler "Moss MOG"
1938 Morgan 4-4 "Uncle Georges Winter Carriage"
1951 Morgan Plus 4 (+4)
1986 Morgan Plus 8 (+8)    & more
Tch, if you have any of the ISIS badges you designed with the Grille and Goddess, I will buy one. As you know I bought a 81 4/4 (B4988) new from Bill and have since acquired another of Bill's efforts, an 86 Plus 8 (R9517). Let me know what other bits for these cars you might have.

Cheers,
Mark

Mark Braunstein
5151 Plato Cove
Sanford, FL 32773
(407) 322 5060

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1984 Morgan 4 4

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links