MorganExp

Morgan 3 Wheel Forum

Warning lights

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Dodger Robert Anthony
Waldport, OR, USA   USA
I have a red triangle (hazard symbol) illuminated light on my M3W and there is no explanation for it that I can find in the owner’s manual. What is it for?

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Britmog Bruce M
Evergreen, CO, USA   USA
1964 Morgan 4/4 "Megan"
1994 Morgan Plus 8 (+8) "Maurice"
2013 Morgan 3 Wheeler "Olga"
Is the warning light on with the engine running or engine off? I recall when my engine was about to die after catastrophic loss of oil a red triangle warning light came on along with the oil can symbol. I don't know what it is specifically.

Dodger Robert Anthony
Waldport, OR, USA   USA
Thank you for your reply. The light came on when the engine was running and the light was steady, not flashishing as when the hazard lights are on. No “check engine” or oil pressure warning lights were lit. The engine was reasonably cold as I was moving the car about 200 yards to wash it. The light is now off and I have restarted the car a couple of times and it has stayed off. The manual seems to be lacking in a lot of things, this warning light among them if it has a dual purpose.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Britmog Bruce M
Evergreen, CO, USA   USA
1964 Morgan 4/4 "Megan"
1994 Morgan Plus 8 (+8) "Maurice"
2013 Morgan 3 Wheeler "Olga"
It could be the brake warning light, check the brake fluid level. Might be that the fluid had settled and is just on the trigger point.

Dodger Robert Anthony
Waldport, OR, USA   USA
Thanks for the suggestion, I have checked the brake fluid level and it is where it should be. The brake warning light is supposed to stay illuminated when the fluid level is low, however the 3 wheeler may make its own rules as it goes along. The hazard warning light has stayed off so far.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

2005 Morgan Roadster

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links