AutoShrine Sponsor

GBGary Avatar
GBGary Gold Member Gary R
Burbank, CA, USA   USA
1963 Morgan Plus 4 (+4)
1969 Alfa Romeo Spider
1972 MG MGB "Frankenstein"
1972 Rover 3500 "Bertie"    & more
I have a 1963 +4 DHC with Zenith-Stromberg carburetors and I don't know if they're 1 1/2" or 1 3/4" size. Engine number is CT56247. Duncan I think this is for you.........I just remembered my TR6 had "175" Strombergs, if I remember correctly. Might they all have been 175's for the TR's?

Thanks in advancesmiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-25 06:39 PM by GBGary.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
tjw tim w
NorCal, USA   USA
Greetings... Should be 1 3/4. Those have a 4 bolt mounting flange. You can also measure across the throat if you don't have air cleaners. (Air cleaners on a Morgan. Come on.)

Tim(D.Y.M.)

GBGary Avatar
Burbank, CA, USA   USA
1963 Morgan Plus 4 (+4)
1969 Alfa Romeo Spider
Tim, thanks for the quick response, funny thing is the reason why I needed to know is I’m ordering air cleaners, on a Morgan, yeah I’ve gone with the scoop to make room for them. Thanks for coming through again.
Gary

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
DuncanCharlton Avatar
DuncanCharlton Duncan Charlton
Elgin, TX, USA   USA
1967 Morgan 4/4 "Toly's Car"
1967 Unknown Unknown
1971 Morgan Plus 8 (+8)
I don't think I've ever seen 1-1-2" Zenith Strombergs, although I imagine they exist. With SUs one can easily tell because the H4 (1-1-2"winking smiley have only two mounting bolts, oriented vertically.

I suppose the "175" nomenclature is Stromberg's more intuitive way of saying 1-3/4". A quick Google search says the 175CD was fitted to the Plus 4. I also see reference to a 175CD2 carb for the TR6 but that may be only for the late ones.

Duncan

GBGary Avatar
Burbank, CA, USA   USA
1963 Morgan Plus 4 (+4)
1969 Alfa Romeo Spider
Duncan, After I posted this and got the response from Tim, I realized that I had never heard of a 1 1/2 Stromberg, either. Actually, this question arose from Moss's catalog for air cleaners for the ZS carb's, so that is what really threw me off. However, I knew I'd get the answer here.

Thanks, Gary

Bill Morris Avatar
Nor Cal, USA   USA
1971 MG MGB
Guys,

Yeah they certainly made 1.5" Strombergs. First car that came to mind with them is a Triumph GT6.
As stated, if you have 4 carb to manifold mounting bolts, you have, at least, 1.75" carbs (could also be 2" ers) but stock fitment was 1.75" carbs on the +4s.

Bill

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1951 Morgan Plus 4 4

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links