AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

DuncanCharlton Avatar
DuncanCharlton Duncan Charlton
Elgin, TX, USA   USA
1967 Morgan 4/4 "Toly's Car"
1967 Unknown Unknown
1971 Morgan Plus 8 (+8)
Bob -- I'm afraid I don't recall that, but it was likely a friendly local auto parts store. That was probably 13 or 14 years ago. You could just take the old one to your FLAPS and find one that has the shape you want along with the proper threads.

Duncan

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Broadcaster Avatar
Broadcaster Silver Member Bob RA
Glendale, CA, USA   USA
Thanks Duncan
FLAPS....I googled it to no avail except some kind of disease or reference to female anatomy
American terminology I guess, just as I would not expect anyone here (Except Brits) to know what an "Off Licence" shop is
I will assume that FLAP means like PEP Boys or something in that ilk

tjw tim w
NorCal, USA   USA
Greetings... FLAPS-Friendly Local Auto Parts Store. I find it helps to know what other vehicles your part fits as they generally don't have Morgan listings.

Tim(D.Y.M.)

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Broadcaster Avatar
Broadcaster Silver Member Bob RA
Glendale, CA, USA   USA
In reply to # 13902 by tjw Greetings... FLAPS-Friendly Local Auto Parts Store. I find it helps to know what other vehicles your part fits as they generally don't have Morgan listings.

Tim(D.Y.M.)

Thank you
Had I read and digested Duncan's reply it was there but I did not connect the dots that is because I am a bit slow :-) sorry

As for your second point ......yes I remember once back in England when I was looking for Jaguar disc brake pads they were offered by the dealer in green jaguar box at 180 pounds sterling. An old friend Dennis (jagmad) God rest his soul he told me if I bought Coventry Climax Fork Lift Truck pads they are the same...so I asked for those and price was Two pounds sterling and fifty pence back in 1975. Those pads stayed with the car until I sold the car in 1979....and yes it is right what you say

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1969 Morgan Plus 8

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links