MorganExp

Morgan +8 Forum

Morgan Plus 8 Wheels

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Morganaddict Ronald Blair
Phoenix, AZ, USA   USA
I need five (5) inserts for one of my Plus 8 wheels. I have the Alloy type wheels used from 1979 to 1995. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. They are hard to find.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
GoMoG Avatar
GoMoG Lorne G
Cuenca, Azuay, Ecuador   ECU
In reply to # 13913 by Morganaddict I need five (5) inserts for one of my Plus 8 wheels. I have the Alloy type wheels used from 1979 to 1995. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. They are hard to find.

http://www.heartofenglandmorgans.co.uk/

Go to his Online Shop section on the left. Then Road Whee;s, 2nd page, scroll down.

gmg

SJM1 Jan Morgan
Thousand Oaks, CA, USA   USA
Have you done a search on "alloy wheel inserts"?

There are several companies with conical or ball type inserts of various measurements.

I have had many wheels modified with inserts to correct the bolt circle (say, Corvette to Ford Mustang).

What measurement are you looking for?

Wheel repair and wheel custom shops all have inserts available in threaded or press in designs.

Who have you contacted so far?

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
tcherek Avatar
tcherek Tcherek Kamstra
Bodega, CA, USA   USA
1968 Morgan Plus 8 (+8) "Dolly, OUY"
Are these close to what you are seeking?

Attachments:
wheel-center-caps.jpg    51.7 KB
wheel-center-caps.jpg

Morganaddict Ronald Blair
Phoenix, AZ, USA   USA
Dear Tcherek,
so nice to hear from you. Hope all is well. What I am looking for are the lug nut inserts that are pressed into the Plus 8 (Alloy) wheel. The wheel then fits over the lugs and then you screw the lug nuts onto the wheels to hold them in place. Without these lug inserts the wheels will not fit snugly on the hub. I spoke with Linda Eckler at Morgan Spares and she says there are no OEM inserts and she did not have any used ones. So the search goes on. My best to you and your Dad and Mom. Ron Blair

tcherek Avatar
tcherek Tcherek Kamstra
Bodega, CA, USA   USA
1968 Morgan Plus 8 (+8) "Dolly, OUY"
Maybe more like these? (Obviously wheels and their bits are not exactly up there on the list of things I have vast knowledge of.)

Attachments:
lugnuts.jpg    61.7 KB
lugnuts.jpg

SJM1 Jan Morgan
Thousand Oaks, CA, USA   USA
The Morgan owner is looking for the steel inserts pressed into the Morgan alloy 5 bolt wheel's lug holes. This is more of a wheel builder/repair specialty item, rather than a Morgan item. But if you have them...

I don't think that this should be a problem to find.

Try this. Several sizes available. A link: http://www.prestigewheel.com/mainInserts.htm
These are press fit. You will probably need a professional wheel repair to do the fitting.

BTW, Professional wheel repair services and custom wheel builders have these as well. Over the years, I have had several sets of wheels inserted where no inserts were originally installed.
I have also had wheel bolt circles changed using offset inserts. I would often fit Corvette application wheels to Mustangs for racing. The installation of inserts is very common.

This is one of many. I am sure that there is a wheel repair or modular wheel builder in the Phoenix area that can replace or install inserts into your Morgan wheels.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-09 10:45 AM by SJM1.

GoMoG Avatar
GoMoG Lorne G
In reply to # 13929 by tcherek Maybe more like these? (Obviously wheels and their bits are not exactly up there on the list of things I have vast knowledge of.)

Not to worry Tck. I am told that John Worrall just sent the last few he had to Linda Eckler so I imagine the problem is over. And if it is not, I have two other sources.

gmg

GoMoG Avatar
GoMoG Lorne G
In reply to # 13913 by Morganaddict I need five (5) inserts for one of my Plus 8 wheels. I have the Alloy type wheels used from 1979 to 1995. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. They are hard to find.

I now believe this is what Morganaddict is looking for. They were sent off to Linda on Friday.

gmg

P.S. For the rest of us...not to worry. I have found other suppliers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-10 01:52 PM by GoMoG.

Attachments:
WheelNutInsertsB.jpg    72.7 KB
WheelNutInsertsB.jpg

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1961 Morgan Plus 4 4

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links