Visit our Twitter feed for more great content
MorganExp

Morgan +8 Forum

Tires?

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Tires?
  This topic is about my 1998 Morgan Plus 8 (+8)
PDMS Peter Stoveld
Newtown Square, PA, USA   USA
Having "bled" my brake fluid post to death and taken an unexpected "turn" on the subject of tires, I am hereby "steering" my post in that direction!

1998-2000 Plus 8, Philadelphia area, never wet, 9k miles, only driven in the dry (infrequently!), currently wearing three original (2000) Continental ContiSportContac 205/55 R16 on rear and spare, and (2012) Continental ContiProContacts on the front. Enjoy driving country roads in and around Chester County, PA.

Looking for opinions/suggestions before replacing.

Tx, Peter.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
SJM1 Jan Morgan
Thousand Oaks, CA, USA   USA
Any set of new ultra high performance tires in the 205/55/16 size will be better than what you are driving on now.

See the "peter's tires" thread for information about balancing your wire wheels, as that will be more important than your tire choice.

That said, there are some comments on tire choices as well. The reality is that you really can't make a mistake with any of the ultra high performance summer tires that are produced by the major manufacturers, including Hankook.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1953 Morgan Plus 4 4

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links